Friday, September 19, 2014

Fajita Marinade

I've held onto this recipe for over 8 years! It dates back to our newlywed days and when I use to hand write recipes and keep it in a tangible binder. :-) We lived in a small apartment complex in downtown Huntington Beach. Our next door neighbor was a friendly, vivacious lady and she shared this "TOP SECRET RECIPE" (don't you love that phrase ?? hahaha) from her ex-husband's popular local Mexican restaurant.

And we finally used it this summer for the first time! The internet took over recipes long ago, and my poor little black binder in the kitchen has not been opened very many times since.

I needed to write this recipe down on the blog since my paper with recipe on it has gotten really raggety and prob time to discard. This is the only pic I have of using that marinade. Altho we tried steak the first time with the marinade, it didn't really do much for the steak. So the next time, (and always now) I use chicken, which I think is awesome. And I started marinading veggies, too, in a separate container or ziplock. We've used it as skewers, and also for fajitas. And even leftover fajitas into quesadillas - which were quite amazing.


Marinade awesome for Chicken and Veggies.
3/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup pineapple juice
1/8 cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce
1/8 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon Lawry's salt
1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic (I use 2 fresh garlic cloves minced)

MARINADE OVERNIGHT. (Separate veggies from meat.)


Suggested Veggies:
Sweet or Red Onion
Bell peppers (any color)

No comments: