Friday, June 11, 2010

Chicken Dorito Casserole

This was one of me and my siblings favorite meals as kids that our mom would make. What kid wouldn't love Doritos in their dinner? I was chatting with my college brother earlier this week and he said he was making this, so I've been craving it ever since. A major bonus, a large bag of Doritos were on sale at Target for $2.50.  This is a yummy home-style meal especially great for kiddos.

Here is a picture before I put in oven. I serve individually with sour cream on top. And also sprinkle some leftover chips on top for some crunch.

Photobucket

2 cans cream of chicken
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can Ro-Tel
1/2 cup - 3/4 cup water
1 big bag Nacho Cheese Doritos
2 chicken breast, cooked and shredded or cubed
Sour cream (for topping)

combine all can ingredients, and add some water to make it a little soupy (no too soupy). Layer half of chips, then half of chicken, then half of soup mix. Repeat layers, then top with shredded cheese. Serve with sour cream.

No comments: