Friday, January 2, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza

We watched the Utah Utes dominate Alabama tonight in the Sugar Bowl. I love pizza whenever there is a good football game. Back in the day when me and Jeremy were dating, I made this BBQ Chicken Pizza for big and exciting games. I think the last time I made it was when his Seahawks were playing in the SuperBowl. Wheeew that was a long time ago! ;)

Here is a pic of me and my honey back in the day of that last game making the same pizza. And recipe is also below. I promise, it's reALLy yummy!!
INGREDIENTS
2-3 boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and cubed
1 cup hickory flavored barbeque sauce
1 tablespoon honey
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 (12 inch)  pizza crust
1 cup smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
1 cup thinly sliced red onion

DIRECTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine chicken, barbeque sauce, honey and brown sugar. Bring to a boil.
2. Spread chicken mixture evenly over pizza crust, and top with cheese and onions. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle cilantro on top and serve.

Here's what it looks like cooked:

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Just put mine in the oven. Yummmm I can't wait to eat it! Thanks for putting recipes on your blog,it's very convenient :)